Detailed Overview – Federal Firearms License Guide
When I first tried to get my FFL license, I looked for help. However, almost all the information I found was vague, outdated, or just plain useless.
The worst part? If the ATF rejects your application once, your failure will count against the next time you apply.
I don’t want you to go through that. That’s why I started FFL Trust: to provide the accurate, up-to-date information you need, and save you time and money throughout the application process.
The FFL License Guide contains everything I’ve learned from years of helping people get their FFL licenses, and running my own firearms business the entire time.
Here ’s a sneak peek at what you’ll get in each chapter…
Chapter 1: Preface
Chapter 2: An Important Note
A quick guide on how to read this book – so you can get all the information you need, quickly and easily.
Chapter 3: Gun History In the USA
Learn how gun regulations began in the British colonies, and why gun rig
hts and the 4th Amendment came to be an important part of American heritage. Plus, learn how gun rights have changed – all the way from early America to after World War II.
Chapter 4: Firearms Law
Everything you need to know about todays firearms laws, including:
- How Federal, State, and Local laws apply to your gun rights – and what happens when the laws conflict with each other.
- The difference between limiting and restricting laws, and what it means for your rights.
- The background and history of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), and how they operate.
- A detailed how-to guide on submitting your application through the ATF’s eForms site.
Chapter 5: The First Steps to Getting Your Federal Firearms License (FFL)
Outlines all the different types of FFL licenses that are available, including how much each one costs.
First, this chapter will help you find out which FFL type best fits your needs – whether you’re a gun dealership, a collector, or you just want to be able to buy your guns and ammo tax-free from wholesalers. This section alone can save you hundreds of dollars, and hours of potentially wasted time.
Next, it will walk you through all of the paperwork, including copies of the exact forms you’ll need for your application.
Chapter 6-7: Setting Up Your Business & Finding Your Market
If you want to make money selling guns or apparel, Chapters 6-7 will sho
w you how to leverage your FFL license to save money and boost your profit margin. Arms Dealing 101 is now in session.
Chapters 6-7 will show you how to get your business up and running as quickly and easily as possible, including:
- Simple tips for choosing your business structure (sole trade, LLC, trust, etc.)
- Finding a profitable target market (its simpler than you might think)
- Answers to the most common business questions, including tax benefits, administration, and how to protect yourself from liability.
Chapter 8: FFL Trust Insights
All the tips & tricks I’ve picked up over years of helping people get their FFL licenses, including:
- The FFL Loophole– Dont have a business? You can still get your FFL license with one simple trick. Ill show you how.
- How your Federal license interacts with state-level laws, including detailed breakdowns on gun laws in New York, California, and New Jersey.
- Getting approval from your Home Owners Association – and how to be prepared when the ATF asks about your HOA.
- What to do if you lose your license, and how the appeals process works.
Chapter 9: Required Paperwork
The fun stuff. Chapter 9 covers the exact forms you need for your applicati
on, and how to fill each one out – so you can get them done as painlessly as possible and get on with your life.
Chapter 10: Final Applicant Checklist
A convenient checklist to make your application a breeze, and ensure you d
On t forget anything vital at the last second.
Chapter 11: The ATF Qualification Interview
This detailed mega-guide will help you nail your ATF interview.
Includes what to expect from your interview, how to prepare, and how to answer the ATFs most common questions.
Chapter 12: Business Strategy & FFL Business Operations
- A comprehensive list of some of the best vendors in the business
- Payment processing made easy: How to accept credit card and other electronic transactions, and how to handle online sales so you can reach customers throughout the country
- The best ways to minimize your liability, plus how to set up liability insurance for an FFL business
Chapters 13-18: Additional Resources, and What to Do *After* You Get Your FFL
- The Brady Act: Getting Your FFL In the Era of Background Checks
- Getting manufacturing references for a Type 07 (Manufacturing) FFL license
- Bonus: Additional references to help you fine-tune your FFL business
- After You’ve Got Your FFL: Important Things to Know
- Comprehensive list of helpful organizations & legal resources
Chapter 19: FFL Quick Reference Guide
And, as always – if you dont get your FFL, let me know and I’ll give you 300% of your money back. What have you got to lose?