FFL A&D Book – ATF Requirements
The Acquisitions and Dispositions book, also known as the A&D book, is the most relevant archive tool for FFL license holders. In this book, each and every gun purchased by a FFL holder is evidenced. The archive also includes data on every fire weapon. The information that an A&D book stores is:
- producer or international merchant/ importer
- serial number
- kind of firearm
- caliber or gauge
- data received
- name, address & FFL of person or company from whom you have acquired the weapon.
- date of distribution
- name & address of person or company to whom it went
- address or FFL of person or company to whom it was transferred
- the number 4473
- The system used for data entry must have a change tracker. In case of modification these must be entered as new entries.
- The system used must include a search feature, permitting the user to track a firearm by date or serial number.
- The system used must be backed up periodically in order to prevent the data from being erased accidentally or due to system failure.